Zoe is a Partner in the Real Estate Finance team and the Offices sector team. Zoe has a wealth of experience acting for both funders and borrowers on a wide range of domestic and international real estate finance transactions covering asset classes including office, retail, residential, hotels, care homes, student accommodation and shopping centres. General banking experience includes leveraged finance, asset based lending, restructuring and project finance.
- Advising a leading commercial, retail and residential property company on £90,000,000 facilities from a leading UK insurance company, secured against a portfolio of properties in London and the South East.
- Acting as overseas counsel on behalf of a Singaporean lender in connection with a c.£40,000,000 facility secured against a portfolio of UK hotels.
- Advising a UK developer on a c.£55,000,000 facility in connection with a major a mixed-use development in London.
- Advising a German lender on c.£25,000,000 multicurrency facilities in connection with shopping centres in Scotland and Ireland.
- Acting for a major UK Bank on a £35,500,000 green development and investment facility to a real estate fund managed by BlackRock, in relation to the development of student accommodation in London.
- Acting for a major UK Bank on a £57,750,000 forward funding facility agreement to a JPUT in relation to a mixed-use development in London.
- Advising a joint venture on a £70,000,000 facility in relation to the acquisition of a prestigious hotel in West London.
- Acting for a major UK Bank on £60,000,000 refinance of an existing investment facility in relation to a London hotel.
- Acting for a major UK Bank on a £94,000,000 facility to fund the acquisition of a portfolio of shopping centres in the UK.
- Acting for a major UK Bank on a £23,600,000 investment facility to a family office owned corporate.
- Acting for borrowers and lenders on a range of amendments and restructuring of existing facility agreements and security packages, including amendments to financial covenants, facility amount, additional properties/obligors, release of properties/obligors.
- Trained and qualified at McGrigors (now Pinsent Masons), 2006 - 2011
- Senior Associate at Dentons, 2011 - 2019
- Senior Associate at Maples Teesdale, 2019
- Of Counsel at Maples Teesdale, 2022
- Partner at Maples Teesdale, 2023
Awards and recognition:
- ‘Katherine Garner and Zoe Miller are excellent. Friendly, direct, efficient and able to find solutions to complex property lending issues within a short period of time. They provided a full set of excellent loan documentation within a day with security the following day.’ Legal 500 2023
- ‘The Maples Teesdale team is efficient and communicative – even in the course of busy transactions, they are focused on ensuring that their services and advice are presented in a clear and concise fashion. As a client, it makes it very easy to work with the team.’ Legal 500 2023
- ‘The team will respond promptly to any new request for work and their communication is clear and straightforward. All important matters are address head-on and with a mind-set to resolve them commercially.’ Legal 500 2023
- ‘The team from partner to junior all know the latest market practice and are able to implement it. They raise good questions and find resolutions.’ Legal 500 2023
- ‘The team is diverse, friendly and efficient. The banking and property teams are one and the same. They all have the same expertise; you do not waste time trying to facilitate communication between teams.’ Legal 500 2023