Dellah is the Head of Real Estate Disputes at Maples Teesdale and has extensive experience in a wide variety of property-related contentious commercial property issues through negotiation, mediation or proceedings, including high value dilapidations claims, hostile lease renewals, multi-million pound development disputes, rights of light, rent review and development issues and professional negligence. Dellah is the co-Head of Diversity and Inclusion at Maples Teesdale.
- Successfully acting for The Cavendish Hotel (London) Limited, part of The Ascott Group of companies, in opposing the grant of a new tenancy to its retail tenant on the ground of redevelopment, which is now the subject of appeal proceedings to the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court.
- Recovering news agency premises for Surrey Investment Limited, for significant breaches of the lease
- Supervising numerous lease renewal proceedings for various shopping centre owners, including CBRE Investment Management, in Colchester, Epsom and Hammersmith and Fulham
- Advising Legal and General in relation to environmental health claims arising from redevelopment works at The Grafton Centre, Cambridge
- Trained at Lovells, 1991 – 1993
- Solicitor at Lovells, 1993 – 2006
- Of Counsel at Lovells, 2006 – 2015
- Partner at Maples Teesdale, 2015
Awards and recognition:
- Dellah has been included in Chambers UK and Legal 500 for her work in real estate litigation
- Dellah Gilbert of Maples Teesdale LLP is noted for her expertise in rights to light and professional negligence cases.
- Dellah Gilbert is wise, clever, and terribly nice. Legal 500 2020
- Maples Teesdale punches above its weight. It has a deep and broad knowledge of real estate litigation" Legal 500 2020