Dellah is the Head of Dispute Resolution at Maples Teesdale and has extensive experience in a wide variety of property-related contentious commercial property issues through negotiation, mediation or proceedings, including high value dilapidations claims, hostile lease renewals, multi-million pound development disputes, rights of light, rent review and development issues and professional negligence. Dellah is the co-Head of Diversity and Inclusion at Maples Teesdale.
- Successfully acting for The Cavendish Hotel (London) Limited, part of The Ascott group of companies, in opposing the grant of a new tenancy to its retail tenant on the ground of redevelopment, which is now the subject of appeal proceedings to the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court.
- Recovering news agency premises for Surrey Investment Limited, for significant breaches of the lease
- Supervising numerous lease renewal proceedings for various shopping centre owners, including CBREGi, in Colchester, Epsom and Hammersmith and Fulham
- Advising Legal and General in relation to environmental health claims arising from redevelopment works at The Grafton Centre, Cambridge
- Trained at Lovells, 1991 – 1993
- Solicitor at Lovells, 1993 – 2006
- Of Counsel at Lovells, 2006 – 2015
- Partner at Maples Teesdale, 2015
Awards and recognition:
- Dellah has been included in Chambers UK and Legal 500 for her work in real estate litigation
- Dellah Gilbert of Maples Teesdale LLP is noted for her expertise in rights to light and professional negligence cases. Sources reserve praise for her "quick turnaround, and commercial and fair advice," and also single her out for her "very good judgement." Chambers UK 2018
Publications and speaking engagements:
- 14 May 2020, Possession proceedings stay is here to stay (well, until 24 June 2020)!
- 27 April 2020, Possession Proceedings stay challenge in the Court of Appeal
- 18 June 2019, speaker at the June 2019 Blundell Lecture
- 20 March 2019, speaker at Henry Stewart Property Conference – Party Walls and Rights of Light
- 6 February 2019, moderated Work-Life-Balance: Juggling family life and progressing professionally as a working-mum panel at Bisnow's Women Leading Real Estate conference
- 5 December 2018, Redevelopment balance shifts in tenant's favour
- 4 May 2018, Retail CVAS - landlords are feeling the pain