Paul is a corporate real estate partner and has extensive experience of portfolio acquisitions or disposals through group company structures often involving multiple jurisdictions; joint ventures including all forms of joint venture vehicles from private companies to all types of partnerships, LLPs and unit trusts and other unincorporated associations; SPV sales and purchases (for example to effect SDLT mitigation schemes); Jersey Property Unit Trusts (JPUTs); sale and leaseback structures; property and asset management agreements and shareholder disputes.
- Advised Patrizia on the sale of Peter House in Manchester for in excess of £44m. Facing St Peter's Square, the recently refurbished 95,000 sq ft, 10 storey office is fully let. We also acted on the acquisition in 2015.
- Advised UKCP REIT (which is managed and advised by Aberdeen Standard Investments) on the acquisition of the White Building in Reading from Boultbee Estates Limited in partnership with a client of CBRE Global Investors, for circa £51m. The sale was effected by a transfer of the entire issued share capital of an English property holding company
- Acted for CCP 5, advised by Tristan Capital Partners, on its £71.5m acquisition of the Interchange Building, a Grade A office asset in Croydon from a fund advised by CarVal Investors. The acquisition was structured as a corporate purchase of the shares in a Luxembourg company that owns the property
- Advised Patrizia UK Value 2 Fund on its acquisition from InfraRed Capital Partners, by way of share purchase, of Clayton Square Shopping Centre, Liverpool for a value of approx £38m
- Acted for Greenergy, the UK's leading supplier of petrol and diesel, in connection with its purchase of assets at the former Petroplus facility in Teesside from the joint administrators of Petroplus Refining Teesside Limited, PwC.
- Trained at Taylor Joynson Garrett (now Taylor Wessing), 1992 – 1994
- Solicitor at Taylor Wessing, 1994 – 2001
- Partner at Taylor Wessing, 2001 – 2010
- Partner at Maples Teesdale, 2010