Neil is a partner in Maples Teesdale’s commercial real estate team and is Head of the Offices sector team. Neil has extensive experience of commercial property investment sales and purchases; commercial developments (acting for developers and landowners); residential development site assemblies and land promotions; and a wide variety of commercial landlord and tenant matters (acting for landlords and occupiers) and funding matters (acting for lenders and borrowers).
The types of properties dealt with include London and provincial offices, warehouses, business parks, retail parks , hotels, pubs, on-shore and off-shore wind farms, shopping centres, data centres, a railport, a manufacturing and assembly building, a metal processing plant, an airport catering area, the O2 Dome, an NHS hospital, a role-on-roll-off ferry terminal and container port, farms and a full range of residential properties including build-to-rent housing blocks. Neil also has specialist expertise in dealing with several embassy and ambassadorial premises.
- Acted for the US Government on the conditional sale and leaseback of the US Embassy building in Grosvenor Square, together with various embassy relation related residential transfers and lettings
- Various clients: HQ and other office relocations for occupiers such as a wealth and asset manager, an internet advertiser, an online security provider, a hedge fund manager, an overseas bank, a publisher, a patent agents, an insurance broker, a head-hunter, a perfumer, the Royal Philatelic Society, London and various other law firms
- Advising Bywater Properties on the acquisition of various let and development sites including the Paradise development, London's first carbon neutral office building which will replace the disused Costa Coffee roastery on Old Paradise Street in Vauxhall.
- Advising Salmon Developments on the acquisition of a development site pre-planning in Havant, Hampshire from Homes England to develop five warehouses. The acquisition was initially made by way of a long term building lease with a subsequent upgrade to freehold title for no further consideration once 2000m2 of buildings were built. As an additional complication, the transaction had to be co-ordinated with the sale of part of the site for development of an energy plant. That disposal also needed to reflect the two stage building lease-then-freehold process. Salmon have now also forward sold the remainder of the site
- Acted for abrdn on the management and £30 million sale of the Sovereign Centre, Weston-Super-Mare, property aspects of the £50 million unit trust and limited partnership purchase and subsequent management at the Rotunda Centre, Kingston-upon-Thames and lettings and other management matters for at the Riverside Shopping Centre, Shrewsbury
- Acted for Legal and General’s LPI Income Property Fund on the acquisition of this new fund's first nine properties for over £168 million, including sites let to Capita, Tesco, local and central government bodies and a 250-bed student accommodation building for Sanctuary Housing Association
- Advising Pictet Alternative Advisors and its joint venture partner Pinnacle Investments on the off-plan long lease purchase of two leases of a new build-to-rent residential block at Pontoon Reach in Docklands developed by a Peabody-Redrow joint venture for just under £52m
- Advising lenders and borrowers on the property title and security aspects of fundings including most recently for Norddeutsche Landesbank, Deutsche Hypothekenbank, United Trust Bank, Lloyds and AgFe to over 75 borrowers and for Paradigm Land as borrower on a £50m refinancing and corporate restructuring at Parkview, Great West Road, a 300 unit mixed residential and commercial development
- Trainee and solicitor at Norton Rose, 1994 – 2003 Qualified in 1996
- Solicitor at Reynolds Porter Chamberlain, 2003 – 2008
- Partner at Maples Teesdale, 2008