- Commercial property investment, sales and purchases
- Commercial property development, acting for developers and landowners
- Residential development, acting for developers on site assemblies and land promotions
- Residential conveyancing, acting for UK & overseas private clients and their family offices on high value transactions
- Commercial property landlord and tenant, acting for landowners and occupiers
The types of properties dealt with include hotels, pubs, warehouses, retail parks , London and provincial offices, on-shire and off-shore wind farms, shopping centres, business parks, data centres, a railport, a manufacturing and assembly building, a metal processing plant, an airport catering area, the O2 Dome, an NHS hospital, a role-on-roll-off ferry terminal and container port, farms and a full range of residential properties. Deals include:
- US Government: conditional sale and leaseback of the US Embassy building in Grosvenor Square, together with various embassy relation related residential transfers and lettings.
- Royal Philatelic Society, London: advising on its relocation from a building it had been in since 1925 and which housed its unique stamp collection, extensive library and expert and exhibition areas.
- Various clients: HQ and other office relocations for occupiers such as publishers, patent agents, insurance brokers, head-hunters, perfumers and other law firms.
- Picton Capital: acquisition, for circa £18 million, of Metro, Salford Quays, having first helped introduce the deal to Picton.
- Ideal Country Homes: site assembly (including a joint venture agreement with Leicestershire CC and option agreements with various landowners) for a mixed use development around a new canal wharf in Measham.
- Heyhill Land: land promotion agreements (some with acquisition options) in Colchester, Laceby, Ramsey, Dovercourt, Welwyn and Rayne.
- Legal & General’s Managed Fund: acquisition of the LXB3 retail and leisure portfolio for £146 million.
- Aberdeen Standard: property aspects of the £50 million unit trust and limited partnership purchase and subsequent management at the Rotunda Centre, Kingston-upon-Thames.
- Legal and General’s LPI Income Property Fund: acquisition of this new fund's first nine properties for over £168 million, including sites let to Capita, Tesco, local and central government bodies and a 250-bed student accommodation building for Sanctuary Housing Association.
- Ashfield Land: joint venture site assembly and section 106 agreement for a retail and leisure development at Regent Circus, Swindon.
- Trainee and solicitor at Norton Rose 1994-2003 (qualified in 1996)
- Solicitor at Reynolds Porter Chamberlain 2003-2008
- Partner at Maples Teesdale 2008
Memberships of professional / academic bodies:
- Investment Property Forum
- Commercial Real Estate Lawyers Association