Neil is a partner in Maples Teesdale’s commercial real estate team and is Head of the Offices sector team. Neil has extensive experience of commercial property investment sales and purchases; commercial developments (acting for developers and landowners); residential development site assemblies and land promotions; and a wide variety of commercial landlord and tenant matters (acting for landlords and occupiers).
The types of properties dealt with include London and provincial offices, warehouses, business parks, retail parks , hotels, pubs, on-shore and off-shore wind farms, shopping centres, data centres, a railport, a manufacturing and assembly building, a metal processing plant, an airport catering area, the O2 Dome, an NHS hospital, a role-on-roll-off ferry terminal and container port, farms and a full range of residential properties. Neil also has specialist expertise in dealing with several embassy and ambassadorial premises.
- Acted for the US Government on the conditional sale and leaseback of the US Embassy building in Grosvenor Square, together with various embassy relation related residential transfers and lettings
- Various clients: HQ and other office relocations for occupiers such as publishers, patent agents, insurance brokers, head-hunters, perfumers, the Royal Philatelic Society, London and various other law firms
- Advising Bywater on the acquisition of the Phoenix Retail Park in Bradford from Stadium Group. One retail unit has been repurposed as a gym and another vacant unit has been let to the Food Warehouse
- Advising Salmon Developments on the acquisition of a development site pre-planning in Havant, Hampshire from Homes England to develop five warehouses. The acquisition was initially made by way of a long term building lease with a subsequent upgrade to freehold title for no further consideration once 2000m2 of buildings were built. As an additional complication, the transaction had to be co-ordinated with the sale of part of the site for development of an energy plant. That disposal also needed to reflect the two stage building lease-then-freehold process. Salmon have now also forward sold the remainder of the site
- Acted for Aberdeen Standard on the management and £30 million sale of the Sovereign Centre, Weston-Super-Mare, property aspects of the £50 million unit trust and limited partnership purchase and subsequent management at the Rotunda Centre, Kingston-upon-Thames and lettings and other management matters for at the Riverside Shopping Centre, Shrewsbury
- Acted for Legal and General’s LPI Income Property Fund on the acquisition of this new fund's first nine properties for over £168 million, including sites let to Capita, Tesco, local and central government bodies and a 250-bed student accommodation building for Sanctuary Housing Association
- Trainee and solicitor at Norton Rose, 1994 – 2003 Qualified in 1996
- Solicitor at Reynolds Porter Chamberlain, 2003 – 2008
- Partner at Maples Teesdale, 2008