Megan is an associate in the real estate finance team, acting for borrowers and lenders on acquisition and development finance transactions. Megan advises lenders and borrowers on a wide range of real estate finance transactions covering asset classes including office, retail, residential, hotels, student accommodation and shopping centres.
- Acting for a joint venture on a c.£86m facility in connection with the purchase and development of a three BTR schemes in London.
- Acting for a global real estate investment group on a c.£60m investment facility in connection with three UK retail parks.
- Acting for a global real estate investment group on a c.£40 facility in connection with the development of a logistics asset in London.
- Acting as overseas counsel on behalf of a Singaporean lender in connection with a c.£40m facility secured against a portfolio of UK hotels.
- Acting for a German lender on a c.£35m investment and development facility in respect of retail space in London.
- Acting for borrowers and lenders on various investment, development, and bridge loan facilities and on amendments and restructuring of existing facility agreements and security packages.
- Trained and qualified at Maples Teesdale 2020
- Associate Maples Teesdale 2020-2021
- Associate Reed Smith 2021-2022
- Associate Maples Teesdale 2022
Awards and recognition:
- ‘The Maples Teesdale team is efficient and communicative – even in the course of busy transactions, they are focused on ensuring that their services and advice are presented in a clear and concise fashion. As a client, it makes it very easy to work with the team.’ Legal 500 2023
- ‘The team will respond promptly to any new request for work and their communication is clear and straightforward. All important matters are address head-on and with a mind-set to resolve them commercially.’ Legal 500 2023
- ‘The team from partner to junior all know the latest market practice and are able to implement it. They raise good questions and find resolutions.’ Legal 500 2023
- ‘The team is diverse, friendly and efficient. The banking and property teams are one and the same. They all have the same expertise; you do not waste time trying to facilitate communication between teams.’ Legal 500 2023