Liam is a Partner in the commercial real estate team with extensive experience in development acting for developers, funders and landowners on retail, offices, mixed use and industrial/distribution schemes, joint venture agreements, development agreements, construction aspects and warranties, rights of light, stopping up orders and planning agreements.
Liam has advised on investment sales and purchases, including portfolio sales and purchases, sales and leasebacks as well as general property work for corporate occupiers including acquisitions, disposals and lettings, and all related property management activity including asset management of offices, shopping centres and industrial estates including corporate re-structurings, new lettings, lease renewals and lease regearings.
- Provided intensive guidance to managing director of multi-national fashion retailer throughout its complex acquisition of flagship department store as anchor tenant of new city centre development
- Acting for UK Commercial Property Holdings Limited (managed by Aberdeen Standard Investments) and CBRE Global Investors on the acquisition, management and disposal of shopping centres throughout the UK
- Protected top 10 US law firm on acquisition of prime high tech office building by advising that landlord retain construction responsibility and securing full indemnity relating to inherent defects
- Resolved deadlock on accountancy firm’s relocation to 150,000 sq ft City head office within tight timeframe by negotiating penalty regime which in default would have required landlord to deliver temporary accommodation at its own expense
- Acting for a family office on the management of an industrial estate and a distribution park
- Acting for Amsprop on the development of 117/121 Bishopsgate and 34 Liverpool Street EC2
- Previously worked at Norton Rose and RPC
- Partner at Kingsley Napley 2007 – 2012
- General Counsel at Amsprop 2012 – 2013
- Partner at Maples Teesdale 2013