Katherine is an associate in the real estate finance team acting for borrowers and lenders on a variety of transactions including acting as overseas counsel in respect of English law. Katherine has advised across a range of asset classes both domestic and overseas including offices, retail, and hotels.
- Acting for borrowers and lenders on investment, development, and bridge loan facilities. Advising on accordion agreements and structural changes for existing facility arrangements.
- Acting as overseas counsel on behalf of a Singaporean lender in connection with a c.£40,000,000 facility secured against a portfolio of UK hotels.
- Advising a German lender on a multi-jurisdictional c.£30m to fund the acquisition of a portfolio of retail properties.
- Advising on a development and acquisition facility in relation to residential units.
- Acting for a real estate fund in relation to the refinancing of a portfolio of residential units.
- Acting for a lender on various amendment and restatement agreements.
- Trained and qualified at Maples Teesdale LLP 2023
- Associate Maples Teesdale LLP 2023
Awards and recognition:
- Katherine Garner and Zoe Miller are excellent. Friendly, direct, efficient and able to find solutions to complex property lending issues within a short period of time. They provided a full set of excellent loan documentation within a day with security the following day.’ Legal 500 2023
- ‘The Maples Teesdale team is efficient and communicative – even in the course of busy transactions, they are focused on ensuring that their services and advice are presented in a clear and concise fashion. As a client, it makes it very easy to work with the team.’ Legal 500 2023
- ‘The team will respond promptly to any new request for work and their communication is clear and straightforward. All important matters are address head-on and with a mind-set to resolve them commercially.’ Legal 500 2023
- ‘The team from partner to junior all know the latest market practice and are able to implement it. They raise good questions and find resolutions.’ Legal 500 2023
- ‘The team is diverse, friendly and efficient. The banking and property teams are one and the same. They all have the same expertise; you do not waste time trying to facilitate communication between teams.’ Legal 500 2023