Jo is a senior associate in the construction team and the lead associate in the Alternatives sector team. Jo has significant experience advising a wide range of clients on large development schemes, acquisitions and disposals, lettings and financings. Jo has detailed knowledge of working and liaising with clients and understanding their commercial requirements having completed a number of legal secondments to her clients throughout her career. Jo also has good experience working with Network Rail and TfL having been involved in a number of developments situated adjacent to the railway network and tube lines.
Jo is the lead associate in the Maples ESG Committee and has been participating in workshops looking at climate clauses run by The Chancery Lane Project, a group that brings lawyers from around the world together to collaborate to develop new contracts and model laws to help fight climate change in the built environment.
- Advised Aberdeen Standard Investments over a number of years in connection with numerous office and retail developments including advising on the acquisition of a portfolio of 5 distribution warehouses from Clipstone Logistics REIT for a headline price of £85.4m
- Advised The Collective, a UK based property company, on a number of developments including the design and construction of a new high rise building including 706 units of residential accomodation at Canary Wharf and the development and financing at Palmerston Road of a mixed use development comprising of living accommodation, workspace and café/restaurant
- Advising Deutsche Hypo on the construction aspects of a £34.5 million loan facility in relation to the financing acquisition costs and development costs in relation to a property in Oxford Street, London
- Advised Capital & Counties Plc, a UK-based property investment and development company, on all demolition and construction aspects of the multi-billion pound redevelopment of Earls Court and Olympia to provide a landmark residential, exhibition and commercial centre in London's West End, including substantial work in the railway environment
- Advised AEG, the owner and operator of The O2 Arena, on the professional appointments and building contract for the 'Up at The O2' walkway and viewing platform at The O2 Arena
- Trained at Herbert Smith Freehills LLP and qualified in 2010
- Senior Associate at Herbert Smith Freehills LLP, 2010 – 2015 (including client secondments to Capital & Counties plc and Lend Lease)
- Senior Associate at Maples Teesdale LLP, 2016