James is a Senior Associate in the commercial real estate team at Maples Teesdale. James has experience in asset management work acting for both landlords and occupiers. He also advises on acquisitions and disposals of commercial property including industrial premises and offices and has experience advising a number of borrowers on real estate finance transactions.
- Acting for landlords in relation to the management of science parks, office buildings and industrial premises across the UK
- Acted on the real estate aspects of the sale of the majority interest of the Dutch property companies holding four science parks in the UK managed to a third party. The portfolio was simultaneously refinanced to remove an existing lender (with the incoming owner to inherit and keep the new security package) and completing the purchase of an additional science park which was included within the same refinancing and sold to the same new owner.
- Acted on the real estate aspects of various portfolio and individual property financing and refinancing transactions.
- Acted on the purchase and subsequent financing of various portfolios of industrial estates and office buildings across England and Wales.
- Acted on the due diligence for an initial incomplete REIT followed by a refinancing of a portfolio of industrial sheds.
- Trained at Allen & Overy, 2015 – 2017
- Associate, Greenberg Traurig, 2017 - 2020
- Associate, Maples Teesdale, 2020
- Senior Associate, Maples Teesdale 2023