Anastasia is a Partner in Maples Teesdale’s commercial real estate team and is Head of Retail at our firm. In this role, Anastasia leads our retail sector team, which is committed to understanding the retail market and how it affects our clients and their business interests, assisting them to respond swiftly to challenges and opportunities across all sectors (including student accommodation) and disseminating this information both within our firm and externally.
Anastasia has extensive experience of capital transactions; acquisitions, disposals and refinancing of commercial property, including portfolios and sale and leaseback transactions; developments, pre-lets as well as asset management [shopping centres, retail parks, hotels, warehouses, industrial parks and offices]; and specialist expertise in dealing with embassy and ambassadorial premises.
Anastasia is the co-Head of Diversity and Inclusion at Maples Teesdale. As an individual is passionate about the need for diversity within the legal profession, Anastasia pro-actively supports, and helps drive our Firm’s view that a diverse workplace is key to our business. Anastasia is also responsible for selecting trainees and paralegals to join our team. Anastasia is also a keen advocate of women raising their visibility in both the legal profession and the real estate industry. Her first experience of public speaking was moderating a panel discussion at Bisnow’s inaugural Women in Real Estate event, in front of an audience of over 450 people.
Anastasia is a member of the British Property Federation's Green Lease Working Group, a founding member of the Allbright women’s networking club, an active member of Real Estate Balance, and registered as a speaker with Diversity Talks Real Estate and a committee member of RE:Women.
- Advised on the off-market sale of 13 Great Marlborough Street in Soho for £30.5m acting for UKCPT, advised by abrdn, to Qatari investment fund Alduwaliya. The office building is let in its entirety to Sony.
- Leading a team dealing with the property aspects of a REIT conversion for one of the UK’s largest property trusts involving assets valued in excess of £1.4bn.
- Part of the team advising the US Government on its embassy relocation from Grosvenor Square to its new site at 33 Nine Elms.
- Advising on a JV for a hotel and student accommodation development in Portsmouth.
- Advised on the acquisition of the Interchange Building for CCP 5, a core plus fund advised by Tristan Capital Partners, for £71.5m. Interchange is a Grade A, recently refurbished, multi-let office building in Croydon which was sold by a fund advised by CarVal Investors. The acquisition was structured as the corporate purchase of shares in a Luxemboug company.
- Advised on the acquisition of, and subsequent disposal of, a development site ear marked for student accommodation and PRS in Sheffield for Mace. The site includes a Grade II listed monument. It is intended to submit a planning application, which is expected to include 550 student beds, retail units and 150 residential units.
- Partner at Maples Teesdale, 2017
- Solicitor at Maples Teesdale, 2005 – 2017
- Trained at Maples Teedale and qualified 2005