Commercial real estate partner with extensive experience advising both national and international clients:
- Investment sales and purchases - including portfolio sales/purchases and managing cross border sales and purchases.
- Leases - (acting for landlord or tenant) of prime central and regional offices, retail, restaurant, cinema, hotel and retail/business parks.
- Lease re-gears and restructurings
- Development and pre-lets- acting for owners, funders or developers.
- Property Finance carrying out due diligence for lenders/funders taking security over commercial property and preparing Certificates or Reports on Title
- Corporate Support – providing real estate input for corporate sales/purchases, including negotiating property warranties and disclosure letters.
- Asset Management – all aspects of asset management including lease renewals, re-gears, reversionary leases, restructurings, agreements for lease, licences to assign/underlet, licences for alterations, deeds of variation, rent review memos and collateral warranties.
- Acting for administrators/receivers/liquidators - on distressed asset sale/asset management
- Acting for QIC (Queensland Investment Corporation) on their first investment into UK commercial real estate; namely half a billion acquisition of 50% of Merry Hill Shopping Centre, Dudley.
- Acting for Amsprop on their letting to the Co-Op of 1 Cheapside.
- Acting for Amsprop on their acquisition of the former Burberry building on Haymarket.
- Acting for M W Restaurants on their first flagship restaurant on Threadneedle Walk in the City and their second restaurant at Land Securities new Zig Zag development in Victoria.
- Acting for The Tower Limited Partnership on their letting of the Plaza Restaurant on Old Broad Street to Jason Atherton’s Temple & Sons.
- Acting for The Tower Limited Partnership on their letting of a newly developed two storey restaurant and bar, The Broadleaf at the Retail Pavilion between Old Broad Street and Bishopsgate.
- Acting for the hotel group Malmaison on their acquisition of the Hotel du Vin portfolio.
- Acting for the joint venture partners Blackrock and LIM on the high profile of the sale of the iconic Tower 42 Estate.
- Acting for The Tower Limited Partnership, the freehold owners of the Tower 42 Estate letting high class prime London office space to occupiers such as US law firms Arnold & Porter and Debevoise & Plimpton, Regus and Hitachi.
- Acting for M&G on their lettings of their retail office park The Heights, Weybridge including a large letting to Royal Caribbean.
- Partner at Maples Teesdale LLP 2013 - to date
- Senior Associate at Hogan Lovells – 2001 – 2013
- Associate at Nabarro – 1996 – 2001
Memberships of professional / academic bodies: